The World Largest Swimming Pool Is The Pride Of Chile
Lifestyle | Pleasure
5 Facts To Know Before Swimming In The World’s Largest Pool
20th June 2018 | Chile
A 1-kilometer long pool holds the record of being the largest.
A private resort located in Chile’s beautiful city Algarrobo has the world’s largest swimming pool. San Alfonso del Mar resort’s magnificent swimming pool was constructed by Chile-based business house Crystal Lagoons back in 2006. This unique and beautiful pool is not only highly adored for its large structure but also for some interesting facts connected with it.
- The 1-kilometer long pool is spread in 7.7 hectares and has a depth of 35 meters.
- This one pool is equal to 20 Olympic pools combined together.
- It took around 5 years to construct this lagoon and make it people friendly.
- The annual maintenance cost of the pool is around 4 million dollars.
- Chile’s most famous pool has around 66 million gallons of water that come directly from the Pacific Ocean and has a beautiful tortoise blue color.
- Because of the water being extremely clean and crystal clear, one can easily see the depth of the pool in the day time.
- The pool gets 9 degrees warmer than its fellow neighbour seas when the sun hits straight resulting in a water temperature of 26 degrees.