Lifestyle | Gear
The Cavallino Classic is an early feature of the Ferrari year. Europe and North America experienced the ill effects of snow and cool in winters, the Ferrari community heads down towards Florida to praise the marque with the prancing horse in style.
24 - 28 January 2018 | USA
1. Races and Groups - The first day witnessed few cars establishing the lead in the the track speeding rapidly setting pace for qualifying in the pre- war , the groups were drum and the disc brake group. Three prior to war cars such as the Alfa Romeo P3 and 8C-35 as well as a Bugatti T51 were on display accompanied by the drum brake groups, which witnessed a few Boanos and the long wheelbase TDF Berlinetta. The disc brake session saw no less than 3 “512 BBLM”chasing each other while a sole 250 GTO was representing the front engined era.
2. Debuts and Judges - On 27th January where a good number of the former cover cars from the last 200 editions of the magazine are expected to be seen among newly restored Ferraris making their debuts. The international Jury of Restorers, Journalists and Ferrari Connoisseurs will be the guest judges deciding the finest cars in the field.
3. Growing Popularity - With the increasing value and new owners viewing it more as an investment unfortunately the average age of the potential entrants is getting higher every year from time to time as the well- known names are stepping back . For the 27th time the Concours at the Breakers was the feature of the Cavallino Classic and co-incidentally the date was also the 27th of January.
4. Major Attraction - Three California Spyder with two LWB and later SWB version, a wide selection of 212 Inter and Export models from coachbuilders like Pininfarina, Vignale and even Ghia as the little Cabriolet proved to be a major attraction. They all were outstanding and the cars won numerous awards for the proud owner.
5. New Category of Award and Achievements - All of the major three awards starting with the Best of GT winning 250 GT Speciale of Lee Herrington that were formerly owned by Prince Bernhard from the Netherlands. The Cavallino Concours is part of the Best of the Best selection that will be crowned in a few days in Paris as the Best of numerous prestigious Concours winners on different events in 2017, this year there was another award “above” the two known winners, the actual Best of Show on the field.
6. Greatest Car - Ferrari ever built, the Zagato bodied 250 GT TdF of David Sydorick. This car might have won more concours than any other Ferrari even 15 years after being featured on the Cover of the Magazine the two-tone dark blue-white coupe looks immaculate and was a well-deserved winner on its return to the Breakers. This car will be representing the Cavallino Classic next year in the Best of the Best competition and it will certainly be a strong contender.
7. Special Features - Early in the morning the cars entered the lawn with a special feature of the Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing and Roadster. The main feature was the marque from Sindelfingen with the iconic 300 SL both in Gullwing form and the later Roadster with enough examples for leading specialist Paul Russell to point out the differences in the model years and the quality of the restoration.
Furthermore a few limousines and cabriolets from the 300 series could be seen as well as a small mix of British cars from Jaguar and Rolls-Royce.
With many Ferrari in town for the Breakers concours several of previous day’s displayed cars could be seen again and the line-up gave some extra photo opportunity like the 212 Export Vignale Spyder and Berlinetta close to each other giving a nice comparison of the pure lines of both cars.
The exhibition game held annually at the International Polo Club Palm Beach in Wellington, Florida, is dedicated to financially benefit the Polo.....
The finals of the 16 goal Northern India Polo Championship featured the ever so threatening Sona/Jindal Panther and the in form La Pegasus.....
The celebrations of the color Red and the Dog are all set to exuberate in China and all around the world from Friday, February 16 this year......
Ever since it’s establishment in 2003, the Ylvisaker Cup has been played at the International Polo Club Palm Beach in Wellington, Florida.....
The year of the dog will be celebrated by D&G with their brand new exotic collection inspired by man’s best friend in their quirky outfits majorly in red......